New JD Edwards
Author: Ana Ruiz
Consultant Managed Services Functional @Quistor
Last Monday, Daniel Ferrer and I went to Madrid for an Oracle Event about the new functionalities of JD Edwards.
JD Edwards Product Team of Oracle shared with us the new product innovation, sales and consulting opportunities.
During the day we heard different presentations
The sales team focused the speech on:
- The significance of the Cloud for the companies and how to create opportunities with OCI.
- The importance of the upgrade to JDE 9.2 in companies that are still using JDE 9.1 or XE, reminding that Oracle commits to give support until 2030.
From the consultant side, they presented also different points and innovations:
They highlighted the importance of removing all the customization procedures that customers have in JDE. To avoid the customization, JD Edwards has developed several platforms to help users to configure, extend, and personalize their environments.
They provided us some examples and innovations:
- Orchestrator: transforms how the users use their JD Edwards system. It automates the collection, processing, and exchange of data.
- Notifications: enable users to stay connected to their business sending them important information, even if users are busy at their desks or out in the field.
- Form extension: probably it was the most relevant innovation. It enables users to extend a JD Edwards form dynamically without customization and without requiring deep technical knowledge at a low cost. Users can personalize the form extensions by using them with existing personalization frameworks such as advanced queries, watchlists, grid formats…
Besides the conferences, we had also time to talk with other partners and exchange them with different points of view.
Having the opportunity to attend the event was a great experience and a good way to learn more about JDE.
Before you go
Feel free to ask us any question, ask for more information or simply say hello in this contact form.